Happy Shushan Purim to All!
All is well in YUTOPIA, some quick updates:
- In a nice case of v’nahafoch hu, I recovered the previously lost comments
- Moving back to the heights soonish, likely spawning many interesting happenings.
- Had se’udah at future apartment with a bunch of YCT folk.
- Digital camera came in today
- Withheld a Purim posting because in the process of writing it, I realized I lost my sense of humor. Note that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I have standards to uphold.
- Sunday I will be officiating my first wedding. More on this at some point.
As some of you may or may not know one of my first cousins is Deena Grant, married to Chaim Davis with whom I attended Gush so many years ago. Anyway, last week Deena gave birth to a really cute baby boy. At the bris this morning, the baby was named Akiva Eliezer, which as Chaim explained is partially after the baby’s 10th generation ancestor (on the father’s side), R. Akiva Eiger.
Sounds nice, but I’m personally schepping the irony. As Chaim noted, R. Eiger was known for his staunch opposition to all things haskalah. Deena, on the other hand, is a PhD student in Bible at NYU (
hamaskil hameivin yavin).
No word yet on seismic activity in Bratislava, but I’ll keep you posted.